Regretting that “relationship” tattoo?
- Posted on: Aug 30 2015
Ah, the good old days…when you thought getting the name your boyfriend or girlfriend tattooed on your body was an emblem of true love. Or maybe the lure of this popular type of body art enticed you into getting a tat with friends on a weekend vacation. Whatever the motivation, and whether you are a man or a woman, tattoo regret can be remedied in our office using the Alma Harmony Q-Switch laser, the latest advancement in tattoo removal.
What it is…what to expect:
- Although traditional removal methods such as dermabrasion or excision are still used, laser tattoo removal is an advanced treatment which is designed to remove tattoos, without leaving scars or un-pigmented areas of skin behind. It is also the most commonly used tattoo removal procedure.
- During laser tattoo removal, high energy light is used to break up the tattoo ink into tiny particles. These particles are then gradually absorbed by the skin.
- The darker the ink, the easier it is for the laser to target the ink. Your skin type and color are also factors determining which tattoo colors can be effectively treated. For example, the darker the skin, the more challenging it becomes when treating lighter colors.
- Although every patient is different and every tattoo is unique, complete removal of the tattoo cannot be guaranteed. However, laser tattoo removal with our Q-Switch technology can be greater than 95% effective.
- Some tattoos may be more difficult to remove than others, depending on the type of ink used and the depth of the tattoo. These factors also help determine how many treatments will be necessary.
- Laser tattoo removal may cause slight discomfort in some patients; a local anesthetic can be administered if necessary.
- Following laser tattoo removal treatment, minor side effects such as red or tender skin may occur, depending on the patient and the tattoo. However, these tend to diminish within three to seven days.
- Q-Switch laser tattoo removal produces satisfying results for our patients!
We look forward to speaking with you about this procedure…call us today!
Posted in: Tattoo Removal