Crinkles and Wrinkles And Lines…What To Do?
- Posted on: Dec 30 2015
- Aging thins your skin making it less elastic and more vulnerable to wrinkles.
- The sun’s harmful UV rays break down your skin’s connective tissues and are the main cause of crinkly, wrinkly skin.
- Repeated, unprotected sun exposure can also cause melanoma (skin cancer)…and the effects of the sun’s damaging rays are cumulative over your lifetime.
- Wrinkles first appear around your eyes, eyebrows and mouth because of repeated facial expressions.
It’s true, fine lines and wrinkles are a natural result of aging, but there are some things you can do to help ward them off:
- Try to stay indoors when the sun’s rays are at their most damaging…between noon and five p.m.
- Don’t tan in tanning beds…those rays are even more damaging to your skin.
- Applying sunscreen is one of the most important things you can do to prevent sun damage. Choose a product that is at least 30 SPF and re-apply often to your face, hands and neck.
- Use a moisturizer and eye cream every day. A retinol cream may also help reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Don’t scrub or pull at your skin. Use a soft touch when washing your face and applying makeup, especially around your sensitive eye area.
- Smoking accelerates the aging process and causes fine lines and wrinkles to appear prematurely, especially around your mouth. So, cut back or better yet, stop smoking.
Don’t forget that your skin is resilient…but you have to take care of it.
If your lines wrinkles are pronounced and deep, now is the perfect time to consider an injectable dermal filler, such as Belotero Balance®, Perlane®, Radiesse™ or Juvéderm®.
You deserve a more youthful look! Don’t wait…call to book an appointment for a dermal filler consultation, today: 630-818-7546.
Posted in: Dermal Fillers