Get The Feel Of A Chemical Peel…Just In Time For The Holidays
- Posted on: Nov 15 2015
Time marches steadily on and on. Changes to your body and skin begin to show the effects of your genes, the environment and missing hormones. But you aren’t alone. More and more women and men “of a certain age” are turning to chemical peels as a treatment for blemishes, large pores, acne scars, age spots, uneven pigmentation and pre-cancerous growths.
In short, a chemical peel is a great way to achieve smoother, more youthful-looking skin.
The facial peel is one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world. Today, peels are popular because they offer nearly immediate results and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
What is it?
- A chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin. Using a hydroquinone, resorcinol or acid solution which is applied to the skin, a chemical peel at Allure Skin & Laser removes the skin’s damaged, outer layers, smoothing and enhancing its texture.
Allure Skin & Laser offers a variety of peels, from lighter peels to skin-sensitive peels to deeper, more potent peels to peel boosters. We will carefully evaluate your skin to determine how to provide you with the best possible results.
Patients with light hair and fair skin are great candidates for chemical peels. Those who have darker skin may still achieve good results, depending on the problem being treated.
Although chemical peels can improve the appearance of fine lines, they are not designed to treat deep wrinkles, which are more effectively treated with dermal fillers.
- Your peel will be performed in our office.
- Your new pink skin will emerge 7-10 days following the procedure.
- The pink color will fade but your skin will be sensitive.
- Avoid the sun until the pinkness fades and slather on sunscreen every day.
- Recovery time varies with each patient.
- And guys, a peel is not just for women.
Now is the perfect time for a peel.
If you would like to know more, call Ageless Skin & Laser for a consultation appointment and get your glow on for the holidays: 630.818.7546.
Posted in: Chemical Peels