Your Lucky 13 Botox® Facts
- Posted on: Dec 15 2015
You know it…admit it…you want to try a Botox® treatment! And now is the perfect time to satisfy your want. Botox® is the most popular cosmetic injectable treatment in the world and if you’d like to know more before you decide to try it, here are 13 Botox® facts:
- Botox® is made from botulinum toxin type A, a neurotoxic protein produced by bacteria.
- Years ago, scientists found that injecting tiny amounts of botulinum toxin type A into a muscle temporarily paralyzed that muscle.
- Muscles are the cause of wrinkles around the forehead and eyes.
- The frown area between the eyes is the most common area to be treated.
- When injected into the muscle, Botox® blocks nerve signals to that muscle, stopping its wrinkle-forming contraction.
- The FDA approved Botox® for eye spasms in 1989 and approved it for wrinkles, creases and frown lines in 2002.
- Sometimes Botox® is used to treat severe cases of migraines and underarm sweating.
- A Botox® treatment slows down the creation of lines and creases and eases that “angry” look and relaxes your face…this makes you look younger!
- A Botox® treatment is surprisingly easy. It is performed in a few small pokes with a very tiny needle.
- The full results of a Botox® treatment last from three to six months, but many of our clients find that their results last longer.
- Botox® results are not immediate. Unlike dermal fillers, Botox® takes about a week to fully relax the treated muscle.
- The degree of improvement depends on how deep the creases are when you begin treatment, but everyone sees improvement.
- Yes, Botox® wears off. Most of our patients love it, however, and return for repeat injections.
Don’t wait to try this amazing cosmetic procedure. There’s no time like the present!
Call to schedule an appointment, today: 630-818-7546.
Posted in: Botox